John’s specialist interests include:
- Research into fatigue and underperformance in athletes
- The development of clinical pathways for the management of: asthma in sport; Female Athlete Triad and Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport(RED-S); sports related concussion; bone stress injuries and tendinopathies.
John is a keen educator; he acts as an educational supervisor and clinical supervisor to sports medicine registrars and teaches on various MSc courses in London and Manchester.
John’s professional memberships include:
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine
- Royal College of General Practitioners Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine (UK)