- MBChB (Honours) - Ettles Scholarship & Leslie Gold Medal
- FRCS (Trauma & Orthopaedics)
- Diploma in Sport & Exercise Medicine
- British Diploma in Hand Surgery
- European Board of Hand Surgery Diploma - Best Performance Award
CY graduated from the University of Edinburgh as the gold medallist in 2002. He subsequently completed orthopaedic training in Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh and was awarded Fellowship in Trauma and Orthopaedics in 2011. He then spent the following two years pursuing advanced subspeciality training by completing an Upper Limb Fellowship in Wrightington Hospital and a National Interface (Orthoplastic) Hand Fellowship in Manchester. After completion of training in the UK, he was awarded the prestigious travelling fellowship by the British Orthopaedic Association to obtain additional training in brachial plexus surgery and microsurgery at centres of excellence in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong.
During his fellowship training, he successfully obtained postgraduate certification in hand surgery from both the British Society for Surgery of the Hand and the European Board of Hand Surgery. Notably, he won the best performance award in the European hand diploma examination 2013.
CY also maintains a strong interest in education and research. He has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals, contributed to a major textbook in hand surgery, and presented at many national and international scientific meetings. He is the convenor of the Wrightington Hand Diploma Revision Course.
Apart from hand surgery, CY has a passion for music and enjoys playing the classical guitar.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- North West Surgical Hand Society